26 Sep EP. 2: How to Get Paid to Write: Turn Your Book into A Profitable Business with Trina Gunzel
Posted at 18:15h in Podcast Episodes | Season 1
Welcome back to The Rebel Maker! In episode two, we’re talking about what everyone wants to know as they start to think about packaging their expertise and writing a book: How do you actually get paid for it?
It doesn’t matter if you want to write a book to fulfill a dream, get more visible, or establish credibility, we all want the same thing – to get paid, sell books, and see an ROI after all the sweat, blood, and tears poured into those pages.
So, I invited a pro to talk about that with me today, Trina Gunzel. She’s an author, speaker, international trainer, business consultant, and next-level life breakthrough coach. Trina specializes in small groups and big profits as she designs custom family-friendly business models that are built on strengths, skills, and talents.
In this episode:
- [06:38] What’s self-assisted publishing?
- [08:57] The difference between traditional publishing, self-publishing, and self-assisted publishing
- [11:22] Pros and cons of self-assisted publishing and the learning curve of self-publishing a book
- [16:28] The two things you should consider before writing a book if you want to make money from it
- [18:08] Creative ways to use your book to sell your offers, products, and services
- [23:00] Best practices for book launches if you want to sell books fast
- [27:33] Turning your book into a profitable offer
- [41:12] Book Recommendation: The most life-changing book Trina has read
- [41:57] Writing advice: The best writing tip if you’re experiencing writer’s block
Noteworthy quote from this episode:
“It’s not really about the book. It’s not really about book sales. This is totally about opening doors, creating visibility, establishing yourself. It is about having more to give them outside of the book.”